Pecan Pie Cheesecake Recipe (Bars or Cake!) – Gooey Caramel Pecan Pie meets tangy classic Cheesecake in this fabulous dessert mashup! Enjoy decadent Pecan Pie Cheesecake as handy bars, or make it as a round centerpiece cake for your holiday parties.
Thanksgiving Dessert Mashup
I love a good dessert recipe mashup. You know, two favorite desserts packed into one fabulous treat!
This holiday recipe combines a silky cheesecake and gooey pecan pie. And, of course, it features a classic graham cracker crust. Every bite is just the right balance of sweet, tangy, nutty, crunchy, and wonderfully creamy.
In a word, they are perfect. Not only does Pecan Pie Cheesecake taste amazingly delicious, but it’s also easy to make as either a traditional round cheesecake or as fun handheld bars. Or try both… One to share at your next potluck, and the other to keep all for yourself. This Pecan Pie Cheesecake recipe is seriously that good.
Easy Caramel Pecan Pie Cheesecake
How do you choose whether to make Pecan Pie Cheesecake as bars or as a round cheesecake?
One of the main benefits of making Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars is that they take a bit less time to bake. While a traditional cheesecake requires 50-60 minutes in the oven, a 9X13-inch slab bakes for only about 30-40 minutes.
Plus, the individual bars are perfect for pre-slicing and serving at parties and large holiday dinners. However, I am also a big fan of a beautiful classic cheesecake. Making this Pecan Pie Cheesecake recipe in a springform pan does take longer to bake, but you wind up with thicker layers. It’s great for enjoying with family and friends for an impressive birthday or special occasion treat!
No matter which way you choose to make Pecan Pie Cheesecake, your dessert will feature three deliciously decadent layers. There is the classic graham cracker crust, a smooth cheesecake middle, and a luscious caramel and pecan topping.
Pecan Pie Cheesecake Ingredients
To make the crust you need:
- Graham Crackers
- Light Brown Sugar
Here is what you need to make the cheesecake filling:
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Large Eggs
- All-Purpose Flour
- Vanilla Extract
The topping for this dessert is simply out of this world. It’s crunchy, sweet, and has the most amazing holiday flavor from a touch of cinnamon.
These are the ingredients needed to make the Pecan Pie topping:
- Light Brown Sugar
- Heavy Cream
- Ground Cinnamon
How to Make the Best Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
Thick, rich slices of Pecan Pie Cheesecake are perfect for serving at potlucks and holiday dinner parties.
They are super easy to make and take less than an hour to prepare. You do need to chill Pecan Pie Cheesecake bars in the fridge before enjoying them – but this just means our recipe is great for making ahead for a truly stress-free dessert!
Here’s how to make gooey, decadent Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars…
- Make Crust. First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and make the crust. To do so, pulse together graham crackers, pecans, and brown sugar in a food processor until crumbly. Pour in the melted butter, and pulse again.
- Bake Crust. Pour the crust mixture in a prepared baking dish, and push down to spread into an even, tight layer. Bake the crust while you clean out the food processor to make the cheesecake batter.
- Mix Cheesecake Batter. To make the cheesecake batter, combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla, and salt in the food processor until very smooth.
- Pour. Pour this batter over the baked crust, and gently tap on the counter to remove air bubbles.
- Bake Cheesecake. Bake again for at least 30 more minutes until done. The top should be lightly golden, but with still a bit of wiggle to the cheesecake. If there are cracks in the top, don’t worry, the pecan topping will cover them up.
- Cool Cheesecake. Set aside to cool.
After you get the cheesecake out of the oven and cool, begin making the Pecan Pie Topping.
- Make Pie Topping. In a small to medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the chopped pecans, brown sugar, cream, butter, cinnamon, and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, stir and simmer for just a couple of minutes. It should form a sticky, thick caramel.
- Top Cheesecake. Pour the pecan pie layer topping over the cheesecake layer, using a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Allow It To Set. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set.
Get the Complete (Printable) Pecan Pie Cheesecake Recipe Below. Enjoy!
To serve, cut with a serrated knife. Wipe the knife with a wet paper towel between cuts for clean, neat slices.
Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. But I doubt they’ll last that long!
How to Make Pecan Pie Cheesecake as a Round Cake
This sweet, scrumptious recipe can easily be tweaked to make a classic round cheesecake.
- Place a large rimmed baking sheet on the bottom rack to catch any leakage. Then, line the bottom of a 9 1/2-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Clamp the ring around the bottom tightly, and trim the paper edges if you like.
- Make the crust per the original recipe. Press the graham cracker crumbs with your hands over the bottom of the pan, and about 2/3 the way up the sides of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Prepare HALF the pecan pie topping. Pour over the top. Then place in the refrigerator to chill and set for at least 3 hours. Later, take the ring off the sides of a 9-inch springform pan and slide the cheesecake onto a cake plate. Slice and serve cold.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Will Leftovers Last?
Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. But I doubt they will last that long!
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
You can keep this recipe in the freezer for 2 to 3 months, well wrapped, then thaw it in the fridge overnight.
Can I Use Dairy-Free Cream Cheese and Sour Cream?
Sure! The texture will be slightly different, but the bars will still taste great!
What If I Do Not Own A Food Processor?
You can place the ingredients for the crust in a large zip bag and beat them with a rolling pin. Then use an electric mixer for the cheesecake filling.
Can This Can Be Made In A 9 x 13 Inch Metal Pan?
Yes, usually, when you use metal pans, you increase the baking temperature by 25 degrees. The baking time should be about the same.
Can I Make This Cheesecake Gluten-Free?
Yes! Look for gluten-free graham crackers to use in the crust. Then in the cheesecake, use cornstarch instead of flour.
Looking for More Holiday Dessert Recipes?
Check the printable recipe card below for this dessert’s nutrition information including carbohydrates, protein, cholesterol, sodium, potassium, fiber, and vitamin c percentages.
Pecan Pie Cheesecake (Bars or Cake!)
Pecan Pie Cheesecake Recipe – Gooey caramel Pecan Pie meets tangy classic Cheesecake in this fabulous holiday dessert mashup!
Servings: 24 bars
For the Pecan Pie Topping –
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Set out a 9X13 inch baking dish. Spray the dish with nonstick cooking spray.
For the Crust: Set out a large food processor. Place the graham crackers, pecans, and brown sugar in the bowl. Pulse into fine crumbs. Then pour in the melted butter and pulse again until well combined.
Pour the crumbs into the baking dish. Press the crumbs down into a tight even layer. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
For the Cheesecake: Clean the food processor bowl. Place the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, eggs, flour, vanilla, and salt in the bowl. Process until very smooth.
Pour the cheesecake batter over the crust. Tap the dish gently on the counter to remove air bubbles. Then bake for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
For the Pecan Pie Topping: Once the cheesecake is out of the oven, set a small sauce pot over medium heat. Add the chopped pecans, brown sugar, cream, butter, cinnamon, and salt. Bring to a boil. Stir and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Then remove from heat.
Pour the pecan topping over the cheesecake. Use a spatula to spread it into an even layer. Chill the cheesecake for at least 2 hours to set.
Cut with a serrated knife. For clean sides, wipe the knife with a wet paper towel in between cuts.
- Place a large rimmed baking sheet on the bottom rack to catch any leakage. Line the bottom of a 9 1/2 inch springform pan with parchment paper. Then clamp the ring around the bottom tightly. (Trim the paper edges if desired.)
- Press the crumbs with your hands over the bottom of the pan, and about 2/3 the way up the sides of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Prepare HALF the pecan pie topping. Pour over the top. Then place in the refrigerator to chill and set for at least 3 hours. Later, take the ring off the springform pan and slide the cheesecake onto a cake plate. Slice and serve cold.
Serving: 1bar, Calories: 391kcal, Carbohydrates: 26g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 31g, Saturated Fat: 14g, Cholesterol: 98mg, Sodium: 330mg, Potassium: 137mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 20g, Vitamin A: 835IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 71mg, Iron: 1mg
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!