The hold out is over—Chef David Chang‘s new Momofuku dried noodles are below. Feel of these as the greater-for-you, very seriously mouth watering, most effective-ever immediate noodle up grade, from a chef’s point of view.
Chang spent eternally obtaining this recipe just proper and there are a few signature flavors (with their individual taste packets for simplicity!) in their first-at any time line of noodles: Soy & Scallion Noodles, Spicy Soy Noodles and Tingly Chili Wavy Noodles.
The noodles are simply manufactured with wheat, salt and drinking water and air dried (hardly ever fried or frozen). As well as they include zero preservatives or synthetic flavoring, and offer 10 grams of plant-dependent protein for each serving. We just can’t say that about most previous-school fast ramen or Cup Noodles packs. Give them a attempt with Chef Chang’s noodle topping recommendations under.
Similar: 12 Tasty Ramen Bowl Recipes
How to Cook Momofuku Noodles
The noodles cook dinner in four minutes, occur with a flavor-packed sauce and can be topped with vegetables, eggs, chili crisp and much far more. Choose from the next flavors:
- Soy & Scallion Noodles: Salty, sweet and savory flavors, which can be complemented with sautéed bok choy and a poached egg.
- Spicy Soy Noodles: Spicy and savory flavors, ideal for introducing pickled veggies and a spoonful of Momofuku Chili Crunch.
- Tingly Chili Wavy Noodles: Savory, spicy and tingly flavors, excellent for introducing sautéed mushrooms and a fried egg.
Relevant: Momofuku’s Soy-Marinated Flank Steak with Savory Smashed Potatoes
Finest Toppings for Ramen Noodles
When it comes to the greatest toppings for Momofuku’s noodles, here’s what the pros advise incorporating:
- Scallions and Refreshing Herbs: Chopped scallions, specifically the green components, or new herbs, these kinds of as cilantro, would be particularly superior on major of your noodles.
- Sautéed Veggies: Leafy greens like bok choy or kale are wonderful sauteed with some Tingly Seasoned Salt in olive oil. Or, slice mushrooms and sautée them until they are crispy with Savory Seasoned Salt.
- Eggs Two Means: For soft boiled eggs, boil eggs gently for 6 minutes 30 seconds then straight away plunge into an ice bathtub right until completely cool. Peel underneath functioning h2o for much easier peeling. For crispy fried eggs, crack the egg about very hot oil in a skillet on superior heat. Prepare dinner right until the edges are crispy, spooning oil in excess of the whites to enable them cook dinner via.
And if you really want to get fancy with your noodle insert-ons, try Choose-Your-Experience Meatballs (recipe below) with floor meat, herbs, Momofuku Soy Sauce and Seasoned Salt, as well as panko breadcrumbs.
One more go-to Momofuku noodle topper is Vinegar Pickles (a staple on Momofuku Noodle Bar‘s Ginger Scallion Noodles, the place they use a mix of carrots and cauliflower).
- 1 medium red onion, sliced (or other vegetable these kinds of as carrots, cauliflower, or fennel)
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp black peppercorns (optional)
- Bring rice vinegar, sugar, salt, peppercorns (optional), and 1 cup of drinking water to a boil. Pour about the onions and enable sit for a day or so.
Associated: 5 Finest Artisanal Pickles
How Lengthy do Vinegar Pickles Previous?
These are best following a number of days—and they should previous up to a month.
Momofuku’s new line of noodles joins their current assortment of pantry solutions, which include their popular Chili Crunch, Seasoned Salts [in Savory, Spicy and Tingly] and Soy Sauce.
Every noodle offer ($12) contains five servings of dried noodles, although the Noodle Lover’s Box ($35) presents five deals of every flavor (15 servings).
Up up coming, the greatest Asian condiments, sauces and spices according to chefs.
Momofuku Noodles with Pick out-Your-Journey Meatballs
Opt for-Your-Experience Meatballs:
- 1 lb ground meat (rooster, turkey, pork, lamb, or beef)
- ½ cup herbs (this kind of as mint, turkey, pork, lamb, or beef) parsley, or cilantro), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 3 Tbsp Momofuku Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Momofuku Seasoned Salt (your preference)
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 bundle Momofuku Dried Noodles, taste of preference
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Incorporate ground meat, ½ cup chopped herbs, grated garlic, 3 tablespoons Momofuku Soy Sauce, 1 tablespoon Momofuku Seasoned Salt and stir until eventually mixed with each other. Add breadcrumbs and stir till just mixed (you will no for a longer time see breadcrumb clumps). Do not overmix in this article.
Roll into about 12 meatballs and position on a parchment-lined sheet pan. (Suggestion: if you coat your hands in oil, the meatballs are a lot easier to roll.)
Roast for 12–15 minutes for beef or lamb meatballs and 15–18 minutes for chicken, turkey, or pork meatballs—until just about every meatball is cooked by means of. Double examine for doneness with a meat thermometer.
Cook dinner noodles in accordance to package instructions and top with meatballs and condiments of your picking.
Can make 12 meatballs.