Recipes that show up in Notion Alley have not been tested by the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
“This recipe is from Ree Drummond, ‘The Pioneer Woman’ and essentially originated with her mom,” Risa Ratliff writes. “My partner has been expanding blueberries in our backyard for many several years and this recipe utilizing his berries is usually a strike. Ree is a minimal loosey goosey with component amounts, so I have integrated what I applied.”
“P.S. My mother was a pie baker and usually made her very own crusts. However, her daughter did not inherit that gene. I have observed those people refrigerated Pillsbury crusts perform really perfectly!”
- 6 cups new or frozen blueberries (3 pints for a 10 inch pie plate)
- Sugar, to taste (Our berries were being considerably tart, so I utilised about 2/3 cup)
- 2 dashes nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Handmade or refrigerated pie crust for a double crust pie
- 3 to 8 tablespoons butter, reduce into pats (I employed significantly fewer, made my pats quite skinny — maybe 1/3 of a stick)
Warmth oven to 400 levels.
In a huge bowl, merge the blueberries, sugar, nutmeg, flour and lemon juice.
Line a pie plate with pie crust. Pour blueberry mixture into pie crust and prime all about with the pats of butter (8-10). Top rated with a next pie crust and crimp or flute the edges. Minimize slits at the major for ventilation. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until eventually golden brown. I advise putting your pie plate on a parchment-lined baking sheet to catch any boil above from the pie.
■ ■ ■
Pleasure Cameron shares a awesome salad recipe that is a tapestry of flavors and textures.
Petit Jean Corn Salad
- 2 cans entire kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup diced pink or inexperienced bell pepper, or a blend of equally
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup diced pink onion
- 1 (9.5-ounce) bundle Chili Fritos
In a large bowl, incorporate the corn, bell pepper, mayonnaise, cheddar and crimson onion and blend perfectly. Just ahead of serving add the corn chips and toss to mix.
■ ■ ■
This brownie recipe is from Jacque Armstrong.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-intent flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt with each other the chocolate and butter.
In a mixing bowl, defeat the eggs and sugar right until creamy. Stir in the melted chocolate by hand until just blended. Add the flour, stirring right until blended. Stir in the nuts, if making use of. Distribute batter in a 9-by-12-inch pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
Upcoming 7 days: Gazpacho, grilled salmon and grilled pineapple.
E-mail recipe contributions, requests and culinary thoughts to: [email protected]